The Dead Connection crew went to Walker Stalker Con Atlanta, October 2014. What a magical day!
We had passes for Sunday only, so we had run (sometimes literally) to make sure we got to meet a few of our favorite TWD characters and see most of the vendors.
In the picture above we are just arriving (yeah, we know, blurry pic).
Allie’s favorite character is Abraham, so as you can see, she was mega happy to meet Michael Cudlitz! He was such a sweetheart!
Then we stood in line for 4 hours to meet this guy. 4 hours! It was totally worth it!
Next time we will hopefully able to go for more than one day and be able to meet a few more celebs and see all that Walker Stalker Con has to offer.
Here are The Dead Connection’s 10 Tips for Surviving Walker Stalker Con
1. Have a buddy (or two!) It’s fun to take a friend with you on these types of adventures!
2. Have cash- autographs (and photo ops, if available) are cash only!
3. Wear comfortable shoes- we know this first hand! Sometimes those cute ankle boots are hell on your feet when you stand in line for long periods of time then you have to walk 4 blocks to your car. Ouch!!! Or, you can do what Carrie did-wear comfy practical shoes, but have your stilettos in your purse to slip on for photo ops.
4. Follow directions given by the Con Staff and be respectful- acting like a jerk will get you nowhere, and it ruins the experience for everyone around you.
5. If you decide to buy an autograph, consider bringing a folder or envelope to store it in. You can typically ask them to sign anything within reason. Carrie had an inexpensive sign made prior to our trip that our buddy Norman (and most con attendees) found very amusing and unique (see pic above).
6. At autograph time, (BUT NOT PHOTO OPS) you can give your favorite cast member a gift of your choice. We saw some really interesting things be given to cast members 🙂
7. Bring a healthy dose of patience, and then some extra on top of that. We happened to get in line for Mr. Reedus at a good time. We only had to wait in line for 4 hours for his autograph. Some folks stood there for 7-8 hours. He is very kind and takes time with each guest-it is very much worth the wait (in our opinion).
8. Plan ahead. We ended up having to RUN from the Norman Reedus autograph line to our photo op with Michael Cudlitz. We made it (whew), but we all agreed that we need to treat the con like a trip to Disney World and you need to plan ahead.
9. Bring a snack. Standing in line for each cast member leaves no time for lunch breaks-we wished probably 1000 times that we had an energy bar and water with us. Not that it would kill us to miss a meal, we just like to be prepared and have options.
10. Have fun! These conventions are for us, the fans! Take a day or two and just enjoy what the con has to offer.
It was a fantastic, fun day! We can’t wait until Walker Stalker 2015!!
All photos in this post were taken by TheDeadConnection crew.